Tired of rough, callused hands and feet but don’t know how to get rid of them? Then this is the buying guide for you. You could live with your calluses or keep applying lotions and creams that claim to help get rid of them. Indeed, they might, but the process will likely take some time to make a noticeable difference.
There’s plenty of electric callus removers on the market, and lots of those brands claim to miraculously get rid of calluses, but how do you know which ones really work and which ones don’t? What’s the best one to buy? You don’t want to waste your money.
We’ve broke it down for you by evaluating many of the electric callus removers on the market and narrowing down a list of our top picks.
Top 6 Best Electric Body Massagers
Top 5 Best Ultrasonic Facial Skin Scrubbers
Top 5 The Best Facial Steamers
Top 10 Best Electric Callus Removers 2018
1. Naturalico Electric Callus Remover and Shaver – Best Foot Care Tool
Naturalico is known for producing high-quality, organic products to promote health and beauty, and the electric callus remover by this brand is ergonomic as much as it is powerful. It produces more than 40 spins per second, making it so that it can chip away at dead skin quickly.
It also features a LED light that makes it easy for you to see the skin of your callus as you’re using the device, and because the battery is rechargeable, it makes it so that you don’t have to keep replacing it with batteries.
Not only do you not have to incur that recurring cost, but you also won’t have to carry around the guilt of contributing to additional harm to the environment.
This electric callus remover by Naturalico was specially designed for foot care, and it’s meant to replace pumice stones and manual foot files to provide your wrists relief from scraping your feet. The head spins and rotates 360 degrees, making it so that you can easily glide it over all the curves of your feet.
2. Foot Love Electric Rechargeable Pedicure Tool – Best Rechargeable Callus Remover
When you’re ready to clean it and rid it of dead skin cells, all you have to do is remove the detachable head and rinse it in water.
It also comes with four different heads of different coarseness so that you can control the amount of exfoliation that your feet receive.
Foot Love’s callus remover also features an ergonomic design that makes it fit easily in the hand for easy use on the feet. It spins more than 30 times per second and rotates 360 degrees as well.
3. Amope Wet & Dry Rechargeable Foot File – Best Wet & Dry Electric Callus Remover
The wet and dry function makes it so that you can use it while taking a bath or shower.
This might be convenient if you like the idea of being able to rinse the dead skin from your feet as you file.
There’s two speeds, so you can gently buff away or dead skin or kick it up a notch to tackle those coarser areas that require more attention.
4. Own Harmony Electric Callus Remover – Best Power Callus Remover
If you have particularly stubborn calluses, then this might be the callus remover for you.
It rotates more than 50 times per second and features a 360 degree rotating head. It also features a non-slip grip that makes it less likely that it’ll slip from your grasp when you’re using it in wet conditions.
5. TEC.BEAN Electric Callus Remover – Best Dead Skin Remover
Another notable callus remover is TEC.BEAN’s dead skin remover. This is another wet and dry callus remover, but what sets this one apart is its ability to essentially wipe the water away from your feet as it rotates to make it so that it can remove more dead skin, even in wet conditions.
It takes between an hour and a half to two hours to fully charge this electric callus remover when you do so via USB.
6. Pure Enrichment 8-in-1 Manicure & Pedicure Kit – Best Manicure & Pedicure Kit
Pure Enrichment’s 8-in-1 manicure kit comes with 8 heads that make it so that it can perform 8 different unique functions.
Some of the types of tools included in this kit include buffing, filing and shaping tools.
Just as you can use this kit to buff away calluses on your feet, so can you use it to tidy up the cuticles on of your fingers.
7. Dr. HeiZ Callus Remover – Best Compact Callus Remover
It is one of the most compact callus removers on the market.
It features a LED light that illuminates your skin as you file so that you can see where you’re buffing away the callus, allowing for more precision.
8. Zoe + Ruth Electric Callus Remover – Best USB Rechargeable Callus Remover
It comes complete with a USB charger as well as a USB block that makes it so that you can also plug the USB cord into the charging block to convert it to an electric outlet charger.
The included carrying case makes it easy for you to carry the callus remover as well as all the charging parts around with you while you’re traveling. It’s also water resistant, which means that you can use it on wet or dry skin. There’s a cleaning brush included to make cleaning it easier too. Just run the brush over it while running water over the head.
9. Emoji Micro-Pedi Nano Callus Remover – Best Micro Callus Remover
While it’s powerful, though, it’s also gentle enough to be approved and accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
It’s safer and more effective than metal scrapers and doesn’t require near the physical effor that they do.
10. Emoji Micro-Pedi PRO Callus Remover – Best Pro Callus Remover
This micor-pedi PRO callus remover is basically the pro version of the Emoji buffer listed above. While it can still be used on your hands as well as your feet, it features more power to deliver more instantaneous results.
Light and compact, the ergonomic design also makes it easy to use.
Top 10 Best Electric Callus Removers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
So how do you know which electric callus remover is right for you? We’ve broken down the pros and cons of our top ten favorites, but you still might be wondering which one you should go with. Just as no two people are like, so are no two people’s needs. Therefore, the best way to determine which electric callus remover is best for you is to determine your individual needs.
Choosing an Electric Callus Remover – Factors to Consider
Some of the factors you might want to consider include the following:
- Medical conditions. Believe it or not, certain types of medical conditions can influence the type of callus remover that you need. For instance, if you suffer from diabetes, then your feet are more susceptible to cracking and calluses than those of someone who doesn’t struggle with blood sugar issues. Therefore, you’ll want to beware of more powerful callus removers that could potentially permanently damage your feet and/or make the cracking worse. In some extreme cases, buffing your feet too much could cause them to bleed, so if you suffer from a medical condition like diabetes,
then take care to select a gentle callus remover.
- Severity of calluses. You’ll also want to consider the severity of your calluses. The more severe your calluses are, the more powerful a callus remover you’ll need. If you have any particularly thick calluses, then you might want to select an electric callus remover that features a coarser micro head that can more effectively buff away the dead skin. However, if your calluses are only mild, or you simply want to use the callus remover to gently exfoliate your feet, then you likely only require a fine buffing head. Still, you might have a combination of some particularly rough calluses and some mild ones, in which case it might be best for you to select an electric callus remover that features different speed settings, making it so that you can customize your exfoliation experience.
- Preferences. You’ll also need to take into account your personal preferences. Do you prefer a sturdy callus remover that fills your entire hand, or would you prefer one that’s small and easily transportable? Do you have a color preference? A charging preference? Does it matter to you whether or not you can charge the device via USB and electrical outlet? Does it matter to you if it’s cordless? Do you care if your callus remover comes with extras like a nifty carrying case? All of these questions and more you need to ask yourself to help yourself determine which electric callus remover is right for you. You’ll likely have to prioritize what features are most important to you and select the one that possesses more of your key features than others if you they don’t all possess every feature you’re looking for.
- Intended use. Of course, a huge buying decision will be how you intend on using your callus remover. If you plan on using it in the bathtub or as you shower, then you’ll have to make sure that you get a wet and dry one. It’ll also have to be cordless since it would be unsafe to use a corded device in a water. Also, determine whether or not you want to be able to use it manis as well as pedis. While some callus removers are appropriate for both, all aren’t.
Can You Really Get Salon Quality Results at Home?
Most of the time, when people set out to purchase electric callus removers, they do so because they want to save time and money by doing their own pedicures at home.
Electric callus removers claim that you can get salon quality results with them at home, and, indeed, we believe that you can.
However, it’s important to note that the experience won’t be quite the same. You won’t be surrounded by the salon environment, and you likely won’t have a professional buffing away at your calloused feet for you.
Electric callus removers are designed to make it so that you can do the work quickly and easily yourself from the comfort of your own home. If this is an idea that appeals to you, then these types of devices might be right up your alley.
Likewise, you’ll want to take the time to read all user manuals that come with any electric callus removers you purchase. Make sure you use your callus remover as recommended to avoid damaging your feet. While electric callus removers are great at helping you buff away dead skin cells to reveal the new, soft, beautiful skin underneath, they should be used properly because if you use them too vigorously and buff too much, you could end up permanently scarring your feet.